Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Verizon > Adelphia

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Verizon > Adelphia

    I thought Adelphia's service was fast. Verizon DSL blows them away!

    Upload isn't as fast, but download speeds are running in the 2900 range constantly. Adelphia would vary between 1200 and 2500.

    Just wish the bastards would give you an option to not install all of their Verizon [censored].
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member TheBeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,351
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Verizon > Adelphia

    Adelphia has 2-3 different speed levels you can get, depending on how much you are willing to spend, you can get much faster than DSL.
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Verizon > Adelphia

    In my experience, Cable has provided somewhat better download speeds (anywhere from 200-400 kb/sec) but has been VERY unreliable in terms of downtimes, etc.

    With DSL, I've not had a single problem out of it and the download speeds are still great (I get around 180-200 kb/sec most of the time.)

    I definitely prefer DSL.. it's simply more reliable.
    Officially retired

  4. #4
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Verizon > Adelphia

    DSL also has 3 levels of speed, i'm sure bob is referring to the lowest level which most homes have, the higher levels are usually for businesses.

    Trust me DSL can be provisioned to be extremley faster than cable.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Verizon > Adelphia

    With the right provider, DSL is by far, the best internet service you can get for your home. I know some providers that offer DSL speeds over 25+ meg download right now. The key thing about DSL is that you acually pull that speed. With cable its a hit or miss, with it being on a shared network.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member TheBeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,351
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Verizon > Adelphia

    I really don't have much trouble with my cable at all, great speeds consistently and not much at all.
    I don't have any choice either way so I better be happy with it.
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Verizon > Adelphia

    I had (advertised) 3000/768 (can't remember exact u/l speed advertised) with Adelphia. When I first signed up in 04, I was doing very well to get 1500/250. After a few months, the speed increased to 2200/500. Stayed there almost all the time (usually checked via Speakeasy or DSLreports.com once a week).

    With Verizon, I have the advertised 3000/768 package. $10 cheaper than Adelphia and no modem lease fee. And you aren't sharing your bandwidth with everyone in your neighborhood. They do offer a 768/256 package for around $20. No reason for dial-up if you're within range for the service.

    I couldn't be happier with Verizon.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member PVVikeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,188
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Verizon > Adelphia

    I switched from Adelphia "high speed" to Verison DSL and couldn't be happier. To be honest I thought the old dial up was as good as Adelphia. At least I could always count on dial up working when I needed it. I certainly couldn't say that for Adelphia.
    _________________________________________________________
    HOW'S THAT HOPE AND CHANGE WORKING OUT FOR YA ??????

  9. #9
    Inactive Member TheBeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,351
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Verizon > Adelphia

    I just went to Speakeasy and did the speed test and got 3596/423 through Atlanta and 4198/428 through Washington D.C. and 3221/371 through Seatle.

    Got another question on all the advertising that you see, cable always talks about how it is faster than DSL and DSL never rebuts but only talks about how it is better than dial-up.
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •